- Do your best in school.
- Read a lot.
- Have fun learning!
- Learn about jobs and find fun games you can play online.
- Check out the Kids’ Zone if you like such games as puzzles and math teasers.
- Help your kindergartner develop an interest in reading by reading aloud to him or her.
- Check your child’s homework and follow his or her progress in school by looking at report cards and attending teacher conferences.
- Start saving for your child’s college education. Learn about the tax advantages of state college savings plans and prepaid tuition plans.
- Read “Saving Early = Saving Smart!” This handout explains why it’s never too early to save money for college and how to use such resources as college savings plans and federal student aid.
- Check out Helping Your Child Become a Reader (click on “Helping Your Child”) to learn how to create a foundation for learning for children up to age 6. The publication includes activities that make learning experiences out of daily routines and provides a list of resources for parents.